1. Our house is delayed so as of August 5, we will be living in a hotel for at least two weeks. Jon wanted an older hotel with two bedroom suite but the location sucks so I made him change it to a smaller one bedroom suite that is all brand new and location is so much better. Just for those two weeks alone is almost 3k and I have a very strong feeling it's gonna be longer.
2. Work is insane. I am so thankful that Jon pushed me to go back to working from home and luckily my design business has really flourished, but there is a project that I'm working on now that I am just completely unprepared for. I've taken the attitude of fake it till you make it and am living on that but damn I feel inadequate. But it's good money so I'm just figuring it out as we go.
3. I have gained so much weight and am miserable for it. Where did the time go? I entered the 'fat and happy' stage with Jon and haven't found a way out.
4. Jon's ex is a total psycho bitch. I mean, certifiably. She's not doing a birthday party for Morgan bc of all the tension. So we are doing one and it will be awesome.
5. Put myself out there on a Frisco moms FB page and was like ok, I want to make friends that, while I can have a strong faith, I cuss and am fucked up enough to not feel comfortable joining a church women's group. Anyone else? The response was insane. Jon was out of town last week and I had a get-together at our house. 6 ladies - none of us knew each other - came over and it was literally the best thing ever. One was ultra-liberal, one just moved from Boston, two from our new neighborhood who found out they live next door to each other! One is black and a hospice nurse and one just moved from the Netherlands. The other girl is Indian. It was SO incredible to get to know all of these women from different walks of life.
6. We are meeting the Netherlands couple and some others we don't know at the pool in what is supposed to be 30 mins. But I have about 45 minutes of shaving to do so whatever. We are bringing tequila and steak so I'm sure that will make up for our lateness!